Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday

I realized suddenly today that I had not written anything on this blog about my favorite new training partner, my 8 year old daughter, Shannon.

This summer she has really discovered her bike legs and we purchased a new bike for her, one with gears! Well, that was all she needed, now she can climb hills. :) Ever since, when I need to run, Shannon needs to bike. Tonight was no exception. We went down to Edworthy Park and covered some of both sides of the river. All was well until Shannon tried to bike one handed. Her bike crumpled beneath her and she flew off of it. I ran a bit of V02 max to catch up with her. She had some bad scrapes on her knees, elbow and hand. I suggested that we call it a night but she insisted that she was fine to ride. She told me that she was not giving up, no matter what, she was getting back on that bike, and she did. I was pretty impressed.

On the way home, she told me that if she could, she would marry her bike. :) Funny, I've had similar thoughts myself.

Leaha

No comments: