Sunday, August 10, 2008

Brick walls let us show our dedication, or is that bricks??

Pretty good workouts this weekend overall. Although, yesterday on the bike was kind of ugly. My legs just did not want to go anywhere. With only five weeks to go to Muskoka, I was hoping for a much better ride. However, I made it almost three hours and then bricked about 25 minutes after. I was so glad it was over. I'm wondering if waking up and watching the men's cycling late Friday/early Saturday had anything to do with it? :)


Iain and I then took Shannon to Cirque de Soleil. It was fantastic. Truly, some of the performances defied the laws of physics. Shannon, who is 8, spent most of the show with her mouth hanging open in disbelief. Pretty amazing to impress a child, sans technology, with stage craft alone.

This morning's workout was much better, I swam 1600 metres in the pool and felt pretty good. I then ran about 15K on the river pathway with Shannon and Iain keeping me company on their bikes. :)

On a related note, I'm really enjoying watching the Olympics, especially the swimming. Now I find I watch the swimmer's technique where I never did before. In fact, I never even understood swim technique before. Hopefully I'll learn something. lol

Happy training everyone :)

Leaha

No comments: