Monday, August 25, 2008

Not quite 70.3 - a bit short at 67.6 miles :)

Big weekend for me!

Saturday: I biked 88 KM, not quite the 100 I was hoping for but my knee got a bit sore, so I cut it short. It took me 3:36 to complete it. I then ran off the bike for 20 minutes and felt okay. The bike leg for my race is 94KM, so at that pace, it should take me 3:56. I ate quite a bit but was still hungry at the end. I consumed:

2 bananas
2 gels
2x 2 hour bottles of Hammer Perpetuem
1 Stinger bar (apple - tasted like soap! YUCK)
Water

I think I'll add some date cookies or something cause I seem to have a bottomless black pit where my stomach used to be. lol

Sunday: I swam 1800 metres in the pool and ran 2 hours. I ran pretty slow as I was concerned about my knee. It really didn't hurt during the run though, but after I was cursing all the stairs in my house. :) Lots of icing/stretching last night.

After this weekend and the feedback I received on the Muskoka course, I'm not sure that breaking 7 hours will be possible. Hey, as long as I finish under the cutoffs! It's all good!

Congratulations to everyone that completed IM Canada yesterday. Greg broke 10 hours! Mark got in under 13 hours and Leslie got 14:40! I didn't see Darryl's time yet. I tried to find Keith's time for the Alberta Challenge but the results have not been posted yet.

More later....

Leaha

1 comment:

Keith said...

Perpetuem! Ick. Tried it once and it didn't do anything for me. It's good to find out what works and what doesn't. Might try a Cliff's bar to see what you think.

Sounds like a good workout for you as you prepare for 70.3. Don't worry about time goals if this is your first Half. Concentrate on finishing with a smile!

Take care of your knee, and good luck with your race!