Thursday, August 14, 2008

More water, a pink swim cap and a hottie?

I met Keith, Darryl and Greg at Lake Capparal last night. I got there early so I sat and enjoyed the view. There were a lot of divers out there. Apparently there is an underwater obstacle course. Cool, huh? Not sure where it is though as the water is a bit silty. Hard to see which is not a bad thing for me. :)

Last night was the first time I've met Keith. Much to my surprise, after he put on his wetsuit, he donned a very pretty PINK swim cap. :) I felt so out of place with my plain black one. After a few minutes of struggling into my new wetsuit, off we went. The water was much warmer than Quarry Lake, thank goodness! Keith & Darryl started swimming ahead and Greg stayed with me for a few minutes. He very kindly watched my stroke and gave me a few pointers. As the three of them are much faster than me, it didn't take long before I was swimming alone. However, with Keith's swim cap, I was able to sight them pretty easily. It's a very nice lake and I felt quite comfortable. A far cry from the girl that used to freak out in deep water. I'll be slow but I know I'll get there on Sunday.

As mentioned in Greg & Keith's blogs, we did play ball in the middle of the lake. What a nice respite from swimming! The pool is boring in comparison. But regarding Keith's post, I totally overlooked the "real" purpose of the ball game. I guess I missed the hottie on the dock? lol

Thanks to Keith, Darryl and Greg for coming out for a swim. Extra thanks to coach Greg for the swim tips. :)

Best wishes to everyone racing at IM Canada!

Leaha

No comments: