Friday, August 8, 2008

Hill Training

Well, I finally joined Greg's group for hill training last night. It was great, it's so much nicer to train with a group. The evening reminded me of my Thursday night runs with the Long Run group. I did 10 hill repeats, I was planning on 8, so I was pretty happy. I was even happier this morning to find that my legs were not sore. I'm not sure if that means I'm getting stronger or if I should attribute it to Hammer's Perpetuem. :) Or maybe it was the Guinness after??

I met a few other people that are training with Greg. Everyone was very nice and encouraging. I'm looking forward to next Tuesday already.

One final thought, you know you're climbing a hill slowly when flies are able to land on your arm :)

Onward and upward...

Leaha

2 comments:

Keith said...

Here's another of Greg's coachee's and her adventure with hills, and insects, that you might get a kick out of.

http://journeytoironman.blogspot.
com/2008/06/hill-silly.html

hmmm, you might have to cut and past that into your browser. Or you could go to Jenna's page from IG's, and search for 'hill silly'. Have fun! You're doing great.

Leslie said...

It was great to meet you last night! Best of luck in the race next weekend....I'll be cheering LOUDLY!!