Wednesday, August 20, 2008

3.5 weeks to go!

My body seems to have recovered well from Sunday. No aches or pains. :) I rode my bike on the trainer last night then went to the pool this morning before work. I was pretty surprised as the pool was full! It's good for my confidence though as it's one of the few places I go where I pass people in the water. lol It's interesting, I found this new stroke while swimming last Sunday. It's not perfect and not much faster but it feels better. I've tried bending my arm more (as Greg suggested) and it seems to take a lot of pressure off of my shoulder. I've also started pulling all the way down with my hands and rotating my body more. I did that this morning too and it feels more powerful. Although I think I have lots of work to do in the pool, it's nice to feel a change for the better.

I've also been thinking about the races I'd like to do next year. I'm thinking about another half but I figure I should wait until after my September race to figure that out. I keep wondering if I can also fit in a marathon?? Calgary full is in May for 2009. :) I wonder if I might be stronger now because of the cross training?? However, I still remember the pain of the last one... lol One disaster at a time!

I'm off to run tonight.

Happy training. :)

Leaha the tadpole...

No comments: