Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lake Placid Pictures

Well, I got my pictures organized, sort of. :) It was hard this year, I did not get any shots of the athletes on the bike/run portion of the course as I was afraid of rain damage to my camera. I did take lots of scenic shots, near the end of our stay. There are too many, I know, but I just can't seem to delete any. Sorry for all the redundant photos. lol

The links to the pictures are to the right of this post. The peeler links will lead to the Ironman Lake Placid volunteer shots. Some great ones there, the pictures show the extent of both the rain and the athlete's determination.

I signed up as a peeler for next year already. That will make it 5 years running. If my husband agrees, I'll be in the line to sign up for the race next year!

Canmore is next weekend. I found out that an Olympic athlete on her way to Beijing will be racing Canmore then leaving for China the very next day. How amazing to be sharing a course with an athlete of such caliber. I only hope I can finish strong as this is my first Olympic triathlon. How silly to consider signing up for an Ironman when I have not even completed more than a sprint!

Anyway, I'm off to run long today, bike long tomorrow and swim Monday.

Happy training everyone. :)

Leaha

No comments: