Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ironman Calgary

It was an exciting morning in Calgary. I walked past the television before leaving the house today and did a double take. Lisa Bentley was on BT Calgary. So of course I stopped to listen as I love her. :) She was on the show to announce that Ironman will be hosting a new 70.3 in Calgary! It'll be held on August 2nd, 2009 and registration opens this Saturday. I looked at Iain with hopefull eyes, lol. So I am going to sign up for this one.

After making that quick decision, a ran to the computer to check out the course. The bike looks pretty challenging. A couple of huge climbs but also some great, fast looking downhills. The run also looks pretty hilly as the course is around part of the Glenmore Reservoir. I ran there last spring, there are some challenging climbs, especially for the end of a 70.3. I've done some bike rides out near Cochrane, it's pretty hilly, at least for this transplanted Ontarian and traithlon neophyte :)

More later...

Leaha

No comments: