Thursday, July 31, 2008

Canmore Olympic Weekend

I'm really looking forward to Sunday. I'm eager to see if all this training has made a difference. This will be my first triathlon in almost one year, my first race since my disastrous Toronto marathon last October (my worst marathon time ever) and my first Olympic distance! Whew! No pressure. :)

I've been to physio for my knee and have been stretching more than usual, that is to say at all. :) My friend Karen will arrive tomorrow from Toronto. I'm so excited to have her here for this. I swam last night and was consistently doing 2:30 per 100 metres, so hopefully I can hold that pace in the swim Sunday.

Good luck to everyone racing Canmore this weekend!

Leaha

1 comment:

Keith said...

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I was a bit down about this, wondering if I had given myself enough time after Chinook. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing the goodies in the race package this evening, and then spending tomorrow getting everything ready. See you out there! I'll wear my legend T shirt so you can recognize me, at least until I get the wetsuit on.