Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Trail Run

I ran today for the first time since the race and it was great! Nothing really hurt except for my left ankle, and it was not too bad. My body was very tired though. It feels like it's at the cellular level or something. I don't recall fatigue like this before. I've been going to sleep right after my 8 year old, until recently. :)

My trail running friend, Karen and I ran though a bunch of ravine trails and some paths in Nose Hill Park. We were gone for nearly 2.5 hours. Likely too long for my first run, but it was slow and we took a few walking breaks, especially while climbing those hills! :) I wore my heart rate monitor and tried to keep my HR below 145. I think the average for the run was 126.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy. I did have to ice my ankle though. I think I'll get it checked out this week.

I'm going to get back in the pool this week too. I might wait another week for the bike as the ankle issue happened there, I think.

I'm still kind of glowing about the race. :)

Leaha

5 comments:

Downhillnut said...

Yep, you're still glowing. Thanks for letting me bask in it :)

We did take it easy - that's why it took so long. Very enjoyable, though.

My legs are a little achy today, but that might have something to do with a gazillion trips up the waterslide stairs at the wave pool last night.

Take care of that ankle and a happy recovery to you.

Susi said...

Hi Leaha!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog cause it allowed me to find your blog!

I'm just catching up on your blog - that is so awesome about your race in Muskoka. I'm super proud of you!! I know what it's like to race when you feel like crud, it takes a lot of guts to keep going like you did. High five to your friends who were able to support you too.

I'm glad you are recovering well! I'll have to meet up with you gals for a trail run sometime - I prefer the trails to the road!!

Take care.

Leaha said...

Hi Susi,

Thanks for the congrats. Now I want to do an Ironman. I just need a lot more experience. :)

You are welcome to join us for a run anytime.

Leaha

runningman said...

Hey, just found your blog. Awesome RR, good job on finishing what you started. That course sounds super tough from what I heard, you should indeed be proud on doing it as your first. Not all the finishes will be that hard I promise. Also IM isn't really harder, just a dif. type of pain, some actually think the half is harder. The half is a race while the IM is just a long training day.

Leaha said...

Hey Darryl,

Thanks so much for the comment. It's funny, even though it was tough, I feel like I will be able to do a full, with lots more experience :)