Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recovery & Thanks

Well my legs are feeling much better today. :) I'm running up & down stairs as usual. My stomach though, that's another story. Still a bit queasy, although I'm able to take in more food now, which is good! lol It feels like the day or two after having the stomach flu. I think I've got to try and figure out what happened to my stomach on race day. I think I'd do a much better job if it behaved itself.

I've read some other post race blogs on Muskoka. I'm feeling pretty good as the reports stated that 1700+ were registered, but only 1300 or so got into the water. Some people got out of the swim before it ended as well. Not sure why, maybe the rain. Anyway, great experience all around. I'm already thinking ahead to the Calgary 70.3. :) A good sign, I think.

I am also very grateful for the support of several people. Pat, who supported me for those last several KMs, even though her own race had ended that day on the bike course. I hope I can be there for you someday. Wendy, who came out and made me run to the finish. You rock girl! Now I know how you push yourself during your races. Bill Davidson, who helped me get my stuff from transition post race and sat in the rain with me chatting until Graeme & Betty came with the truck. Graeme & Betty, two people I had just met that hauled me and my wet stuff back to the cottage, sent me for a hot shower while they made me coffee and delt with all my gear. :) My coach, Greg. You gave me the direction and inspiration to get here. My swim coach, Jill. I can't count how many times you walked beside me as I swam, helping me to correct my stroke. My daughter, Shannon. You rode your bike with me for all my long runs and watched movies, read books and chatted as I was on the trainer. Keith, who always offered advice and encouragement. And lastly, my best friend, Karen Davidson. You inspired me to run a marathon, you inspired me to do a triathlon. You finished as well on Sunday, ahead of me. :) I'm not sure which means more to me, your finish or mine. They've blended and I have no words to describe what the experience meant to me.

Can't wait for the next one!

Leaha

No comments: