Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blogging & a Poem

Well, I've been super negligent at updating my blog lately. So much has been going on between Christmas, work, etc.

I've been running & biking as per Greg's program. However I have been skipping the swim workouts and I've been doing all my biking at home. Iain has been travelling a bit so I have not been out much. I've also been x-country skiing a bit. As we've had all this snow, I couldn't resist. :)

However, I'm going back in the pool Friday morning. I know it's my day off but I really need a swim.

I also thought I'd include a poem I wrote about Ironman Lake Placid. I sent it to Mark (Chef) Naphin and he liked it. So, here goes:
**********

Ironwill

Each year, it almost fades
To Placid memories….
The utopian atmosphere,
The camaraderie,
The endless struggle,
The quest for definition,
The physical supremacy,
The fall into humility.
The mountains, the mist,
The 2000 beings,
Adrenaline rushed,
Waiting for the game:
The breaking of Mirror Lake.
The conquest of Keene ,
Of Jay and Wilmington
Of Mama, Baby, Papa bear.
The endless catatonic run,
The awakening
After hours of toil
To the words:
“You are an Ironman.”

Leaha

No comments: