Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall, yet still summer?

Again, I've been very negligent with this blog. But I've had so much going on lately. And the weather is unreal!

I've moved into my very own little house in Rosemont. I love it. :) I've been running almost every day, this week I got back in the pool and I've done a few bike rides, both road and mountain. I took a mountain bike class and had a blast! I fell a couple of times, once going down a hill, I went flying forward and knocked the wind out of myself. :) Didn't get hurt though. I also took my daughter and two of her friends to climb a kid friendly mountain in Kananaskis. She hasn't stopped talking about it. :) I've also joined a couple of mountaineering clubs. They do backcountry, cross country skiing, scrambles, hikes, backpacking trips, swim/bike/run, etc., etc. So, very much looking forward to that! Hopefully Greg can help me fit all of this into my training schedule.

Aside from the above, I have one burning question on my mind. It's the last line from a poem called "The Summer Day" by Mary Oliver. The question is: What do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

Leaha

1 comment:

Downhillnut said...

I agree, Leah. So many fun, adventurous experiences to try, so-o-o-o few days in our lifetimes to pack them all in.

Rosemont's nice. Close to Confederation Park?